Updated May 2018
Harbour View Self Catering Accommodation fully respects your rights to privacy and are committed to strict adherence to General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which become fully effective on 25 May 2018 as well as the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018.
Who We Are and What We Do
We are a small family run self-catering accommodation, situated in North Sligo, located at the foot of the Darty Mountains overlooking Mullaghmore and the Atlantic Ocean. This Privacy Notice is primarily directed to individuals who wish to contact us to request booking of accommodation.
What we Collect
We collect personally identifiable information (PII) that you provide to us, which is information that identifies you as an individual. While we do not have a contact form on our website, we do collect your data from email correspondence provided to us directly. This PII may include your name, private and corporate email address and phone number.
How we use your Personal Information and the Legal basis for doing so
Any personal information provided during the process is treated with the highest standards of confidentiality and security, strictly in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations. Harbour View Self Catering Accommodation collects and uses your personal information (PI) to send follow-up emails or calls to confirm bookings.
We do not hold your Personal Information (PI) for any marketing purposes and hold your data for 12 months from the date that you have stayed with us. This retention period is based on our experience that, having engaged with us to book accommodation, you may wish to stay with us again. Each individual has the right to withdraw their consent and have their personal information erased at any time.
- Right of Access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you in accordance with Section 86 of the Data Protection Act 2018;
- Right of Rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete in accordance with Section 87 and Section 89 of the Data Protection Act 2018;
- Right to Erasure – in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records in accordance with Section 87 and Section 89 of the Data Protection Act 2018;
- Right to Restriction of Processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing in accordance with Section 87 and Section 89 of the Data Protection Act 2018
- Right of Portability – subject to certain restrictions, you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation where we hold it in electronic form. This right of data portability applies to: (i) personal data that we process automatically (i.e. without any human intervention); (ii) personal data provided by you; and (iii) personal data that we process based on your consent or in order to fulfil a contract.
- Right to Object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
All of the above requests can be directed to Harbour View Self Catering Accommodation to firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by us or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority:
Data Protection Commissioner: Office of the Data Protection Commissioner. Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois, R32 AP23, Ireland. Phone +353 (0761) 104 800 | LoCall 1890 25 22 31 | Fax +353 57 868 4757 | email email@example.com
Website Usage Information
We also automatically collect information about your computer browser type and operating system, through Google Analytics, pages you’ve visited and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. We aggregate this information to understand how our visitors use our website so that we can improve them and the services we offer. These analytics do not typically identify individual users. This information includes:
- The total number of visits to our website
- The number of visitors to each page of our website
How we protect your PII
Harbour View Self Catering Accommodation will take appropriate legal, organisational, and technical measures to protect your personal information. As we collect your data via email, we cannot guarantee complete security of this information as the Internet or mobile phone network connections are not completely secure. Any transmission is at your own risk. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur during transmission, once we have received your information, we will employ appropriate technical security measures to protect your data.
Links to other websites
- How these websites treat your PII
- The content of such websites
- The use that others make of these websites.
Please ensure you check the legal and privacy statements posted on each website or mobile application you access before entering / submitting any PII.
Any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org